Co-operative Conversations episode 3 part 2: roundtable
8 July 2020 20:15 - 21:15
How co-operatives add value
How the co-operatives add value: maximising produce and the food manufacturing supply chain. Journalist Pete Lewis and our farmer panel discuss and explore how maximising their produce into marketable products can transform producers from price takers to price makers.
Our expert discussion panel comprises of:
- The Hon. Karen Andrews, MP – Minister for Industry, Science and Technology
- Larry McHugh, Chief Executive Officer – Marquis Macadamias
- Matt Rutter, Chief Executive Officer – Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative Ltd.
- Simon Stahl, Chief Executive Officer – Northern Co-operative Meat Company Ltd.
- Michael Hampson, Chief Executive Officer – Norco Co-operative Ltd
- Melina Morrison, Chief Executive officer – BCCM
Episode host – Pete Lewis
Join Pete Lewis for an inspiring interview series as he explores the journeys of some of Australia’s most interesting and successful co-operatives. Pete’s long and varied experience as a journalist specialising in agriculture will ensure he gets to the heart of the issues you want to hear about.
22 May 2021
The Big Co-op Conversation – Future Proofing Aussie Food
Join us for a live stream conversation from Primex with our host, respected local reporter, Michael Cavanagh.
21 October 2020
Co-operative Conversations episode 10
Are you a farmer, fisher or forester interested in setting up, or improving the running of your co-operative, and you’ve been told that it’s harder to raise capital in a co-op or to obtain loans? This conversation is for you.
14 October 2020
Co-operative Conversations episode 9 part 2: roundtable
This roundtable examines group buying and how co-ops add value and provide services through innovation and understanding their members, their customers and their communities. Our panelists are drawn from businesses that have successfully harnessed the power of their members to collaboratively purchase and/or supply food, agricultural products and related services.