An Introduction to Co-operatives and Mutuals
10 May 2022 10:30 - 12:30
This unique program has been developed to provide foundational information about co-operatives and mutuals for you and your employees.
Developed especially as an easy and affordable induction training for new employees, this industry developed course is relevant for staff at all levels to ensure a consistent level of knowledge across the co-operative and mutual enterprise (CME) sector.
It is designed to ensure CME employers can provide an introductory overview of the business model and the CME sector to new and existing staff.
The key objective is to educate and to inspire people working in the sector to understand more about the unique role and contribution of co-operatives and mutuals to help them in their role in their CME, whether frontline staff, management or directors. It will help build a meaningful connection between the employee and the wider CME sector, as well strengthening the relationship with their individual employer.
This is achieved through a deeper understanding of the fundamental principles which underpin CMEs as businesses that put purpose, people, and communities at the heart of the enterprise.
It is delivered in a live and interactive webinar structure with a unique live Q&A with a sector leader. Knowledge is delivered in a fun and accessible format.
By undertaking the course, your employees will learn:
- About the co-operative and mutual business model and how it is different to other kinds of business structures.
- About the purpose of co-ops and mutuals and how they are structured to benefit members.
- Some real examples of co-ops and mutuals through case studies.
- How co-ops and mutuals and started here and around the world, and,
- Why working for a co-op or mutual matters – in a live conversation with a senior co-op or mutual business leader.
Upon completing the course attendees will be able to demonstrate their understanding of:
- The size, scale and impact of the co-op and mutual sector in Australia.
- The unique nature and fundamental concepts of co-operative and mutual businesses.
- Similarities and differences from other business models including shareholder owned businesses.
- The origins and development of co-operatives and mutuals in Australia and overseas (including mutual ADIs, Friendly Societies, agricultural and retail co-ops).
- The seven global co-operative principles and the three mutual values.
- Why co-operatives and mutuals matter to a sustainable economy and society.
2 CPD points are awarded
- BCCM Member (1-9 employees) – $259 (inc. GST and booking fee)
- BCCM Member (10+ employees) – $202 (inc. GST and booking fee)
- Non-BCCM Members – $512 (inc. GST and booking fee)
- Tuesday, 8 February 2022, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm AEDT
- Tuesday, 8 March 2022, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm AEDT
- Tuesday, 12 April 2022, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm AEST
- Tuesday, 10 May 2022, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm AEST
- Tuesday, 14 June 2022, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm AEST
- Tuesday, 19 July 2022, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm AEST
- Tuesday, 9 August 2022, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm AEST
- Tuesday, 13 September 2022, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm AEST
- Tuesday, 11 October 2022, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm AEDT
- Tuesday, 8 November 2022, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm AEDT
Book online for you and your staff to attend An Introduction to Co-operatives and Mutuals – multiple dates available.
Email the BCCM education team if you require additional information.