The Co-operatives and Mutuals Strategic Development Program (CMSDP) with Professor Tim Mazzarol – Online – 4-20 May 2021
This online course delivered in an intensive format over three weeks focuses on what sets co-operative and mutual businesses apart from other business types, and provides critical insights into key strategic focus areas. This six module virtual program applies theory and industry best practice to the organisational realities of the participants. The program will focus on the sustainability, performance, and resilience of co-operative and mutual organisations.
- Understanding the co-operative and mutual business models
- Governance and leadership in member-owned businesses
- Marketing the co-operative advantage
- Financing co-operative and mutual businesses
- Legislative structures and their impact on co-operative and mutual enterprises.
This is one of the leading CME Executive Training courses available in Australia. Delivered online by the Australian Institute of Management Western Australia (AIM WA) and the University of Western Australia Business School. This program is facilitated by Professor Tim Mazzarol who is a world expert in the cooperative and mutual sector. Tim is a highly skilled and engaging facilitator.
As part of the Co-operative Farming project, BCCM is providing access to educational bursaries to cover 90% of the cost of this course for farmers, fishers and foresters who are interested in co-operatives, or currently engaged within a co-operative. Learn more about the bursary program.
Duration: Six virtual sessions, 2.5 hours per session
Dates: 4-20 May 2021, 5pm-7:30pm AEDT / 2pm-4:30pm AWST
- Mod 1: May 4, 2-4.30pm (AWST)
- Mod 2: May 6, 2-4.30pm (AWST)
- Mod 3: May 11, 2-4.30pm (AWST)
- Mod 4: May 13, 2-4.30pm (AWST)
- Mod 5: May 18, 2-4.30pm (AWST)
- Mod 6: May 20, 2-4.30pm (AWST)
- Standard Cost: $990 (inc GST) for 15 hours of online learning
- Subsidised cost: $99 (inc GST) – 90% of the cost covered by the Co-operative Farming project.
Subsidised cost: $99 (inc GST) – 90% of the cost covered by the Co-operative Farming project.
Recommended for: For current or aspiring; board members, CEOs and their direct reports, and senior leaders who have, or will have, a strategic role in their business.
Apply: Online applications coming soon. Please complete this form on the BCCM website to express your interest in attending.
“I thoroughly enjoyed the virtual Co-Operatives and Mutuals course, which was a great mix of presentation, independent learning and group discussion with other CME leaders. The course covered all of the essentials of successful CME management, and Tim provided several case studies and useful tools to help us apply the concepts to our own organisations. I would gladly recommend this course to any executive or senior manager, new or experienced, who are looking to refresh their thinking and expand their knowledge of CME’s.” November 2020. Michael May, General Manager, Shared Services; Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative.