The primary activities of the co-operative are:
- marketing, processing and selling of African mahogany and other tropical timbers on behalf of members
- developing branding, certification and quality assurance standards for African Mahogany and other tropical timbers
- providing agricultural and forestry expert services to members and
- developing training and information seminars and other educational services for members.
In order for a member to establish and maintain active membership of the co-operative the member must:
- supply to the cooperative a minimum of 1 cubic metre of tropical mahogany timber or other tropical timber each financial year, OR
- attend one training or information seminar conducted by the cooperative each financial year.