The primary activities of the co-operative are:
- The storage, handling, transportation, packing and processing of agricultural commodities on behalf of co-operative members;
- The provision of other services to assist the co-operative’s members;
- To undertake research and development activities related to the grain industry; and
- To promote the Australian grain industry.
In order to establish and maintain active membership of the co-operative a member:
- Who is the owner or occupier of land must deliver or trade no less than 100 tonnes of grain grown on the member’s land in one (1) financial year or a cumulative rolling total of 300 tonnes of grain grown on the member’s land over three (3) financial years for sale through the co-operative’s storage facilities;
- Who is a grain buyer must deliver or trade no less than 100 tonnes of grain in one (1) financial year.
“Grain” means wheat, barley, oats, canola, sorghum, chick pea, field pea, cotton, lupins or any other grain.