The primary activity of the co-operative are to:
- provide advisory and management services in respect of land use including services to enhance carbon sequestration and build the biodiversity values of land in Australia and elsewhere,
- provide measurement, monitoring, verification and reporting services related to carbon sequestration and biodiversity values of land,
- provide an information service and knowledge building programs about carbon sequestration, carbon trading, biodiversity and land management systems,
- develop member capacity to negotiate and trade accumulated carbon on behalf of members, on the domestic and international carbon markets
In order for a member to establish and maintain active membership of the co-operative the member must:
- subscribe to the co-operative news and information service, and
- acquire a minimum of one fee-based service of the co-operative in every twelve month period at a price of $100.
Fee-based services include, but are not limited to, any services developed by the co-operative for landholders or training services for members.